2

February 21, 2018: *** Gov. Edgar Chatto and DepEd Bohol Division Superintendent Dr. Wilfreda Bongalos led Provincial Government and DepEd officials in the blessing of the newly rehabilitated CPG Sports Complex to make it ready for use during Bohol's hosting of CVRAA 2018 which opens on Feb. 25 *** Pre-CVRAA activities in Bohol will begin on February 23 and will officially open on Feb. 25 with a holy mass at 2pm, followed by a parade at 3:30pm which will lead to the CPG Sports Complex. ***Bohol will host 11,737 delegates from 19 divisions in the whole of Central Visayas for 2018 Central Visayas Regional Athletic Association (CVRAA) 2018 hosting, according to DepEd Superintendent Dr. Wilfreda Bongalos. ***Gov. Edgar Chatto bared that Bohol got 48% increase in production of rice, the highest record in the country in 2017, as confirmed by the Department of Agriculture (DA). *** PDEA-7 Director Emerson Margate said that PDEA which leads the oversight committee still needs to review the drug status of 500 barangays in Bohol before confirming them as drug free. *** Over a year into the government's nationwide campaign against narcotics trade, none of Bohol's 1,109 barangays have officially been recognized as drug-free by the regional oversight committee that assess drug presence in villages. *** Gov. Edgar Chatto and DA-7 Director Leo Caneda led the ribbon cutting and opening exhibits of the 3-day 18th Ubi Festival today. This year's festival is themed: "Ubi, Hamiling Lagutmon Ikapasigarbo sa mga Turista sa Tanang Panahon."

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015


TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol, January 19, (PIA) –Establishments collecting service charges from its customers are not allowed to collect from their service personnel payments for breakages and other job related spoilages. 

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) reiterates this, even as resorts and restaurants charge upon their workers any breakages these frontline service crews incur in the pursuance of their duties. 

At the Kapihan sa PIA, DOLE Bohol officer in Charge German Guidaben said that service charges are collected to allow the establishment to recover lost assets.

This also bans establishments from deducting from their workers’ salaries and wages some payments for these service and work-related accidental breakages, DOLE said. 

Charging these workers for these breakages is a clear violation of the P310 daily wage, which the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board had established for Bohol. 
As a rule, by the end of the year, the service charges would be totaled and 85% of this would be divided equally among the waiters and waitresses or service crew while the remaining 15% would be used to recover service-related breakages, Guidaben said. 

In fact, if there are still some savings after the establishment paid for replacement of breakages, they can divide the remaining amount among the top managerial positions, according to DOLE. 

If the establishment charges the waiters or waitresses for breakages and still they collect service charges, we will call their attention, intoned Guidaben. 

This however works only for establishments that collect service charges, he stressed. 

If the establishment did not collect service charges, then they may have to charge penalties for workers to discipline them, DOLE added. (RAC/PIABohol)

No comments:

Contact Us

Philippine Information Agency
Bohol Information Center
LMP Building, K of C Drive, Poblacion II, Tagbilaran City
Telephone Numbers (038) 412-2292, 501-8554

Visitors