July 17, 2018: ***The BRP Francisco Dagohoy for the first time since it was commissioned into service in late 2017 made port call in Tagbilaran on Tuesday morning for a two-day "open house" which allows the public to take a tour of the Philippine-made vessel. ***From the previously reported 64, the number of Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) officials elected in the May polls who have been disqualified has risen to 77. The disqualified SK officials included 14 chairpersons and 63 councilors, based on data from the COMELEC-Bohol.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 02, 2014


TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol, May 31 (PIA) –The fight to recover lost members of the Communist Party of the Philippines, New People’s Army, National Democratic Front (CNN) permeates into the youth sector, military intelligence reports said.

At the recent Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) Meeting Tuesday, army officials bared the recent development as the remnants of the fleeing rebels are now trickling back in, following tough times and bloody encounters in the neighboring islands. 

Recent clashes by government and rebel forces in nearby island of Negros had the movement into retreat, the rebels now sailing back to Bohol to allow things to cool down. 

In its internal security situationer, Army Lt. Colonel Julius Tomines reported to council members about “possible mobilization” of the youth sector: sons and daughters of former active CNN members who were immersed in lectures on government corruption recently. 

“The CNN is taking advantage of the youth sector especially in their organizing works,” Col Tomines said in his report. 
He added that, “most of the youths that participated in the training are sons/daughters of the members of CNN-affected people’s organizations in Bohol.”

As this went on, army sources said they noted series of meetings by provincial and local leaders of the movement also tackled on the reorganization of mass support in their former strongholds using unresolved land issues. 

“They are also strengthening their organizing works by continuing to exploit existing land issues in their targeted localities,” according to the special forces chief who has been in Bohol since the island was declared insurgency free. 

The CNN will continue their organizing effort to re-establish their mass bases and continue preparing the ground for the re-entry of armed elements in Bohol, Tomines said. 

Likewise, the CNN will continue to focus/intensify their efforts in manipulating people’s organizations in far-flung areas especially those areas that have existing land- related issues, he concluded.

But, army leaders also said, the top legal CNN organizers in the province are feeling the pressure with the recent deployment of the iProTeam in target barangays.

They are also suffering with leadership and morale issues in connection with the capture of Roy Erecre, their top leader in Central Visayas, army sources said. (PIABohol/RAC)

No comments:

Contact Us

Philippine Information Agency
Bohol Information Center
LMP Building, K of C Drive, Poblacion II, Tagbilaran City
Telephone Numbers (038) 412-2292, 501-8554

Visitors