August 18, 2017: *** The National Grid Corp. of the Philippines (NGCP) is now faced with the problem of looking for usable areas to hold transmission lines that would link the power barge in Tapal Wharf in Ubay town to a substation in Barangay Emelda of the same town. ***The City Government of Tagbilaran is set to sign a memorandum of agreement with BFAR for a multi-million peso livelihood project intended to uplift the living conditions of the fisherfolk. ***47th Infantry Battalion Commanding Officer, Lt. Col. Joel Malig said units under him are currently undergoing intensified intelligence operations along with other allied units to confirm the reports on sightings of armed men in Bohol. *** LGU Pilar's program, "Productivity Improvement thru landcare and Agriculture Resource Development and Management"(Pilar Dam) landed in the top 20 in Taking Look 2017. *** LGU Panglao got third place (3rd-6th class municipalities) in Infrastructure during the 5th Regional Competitiveness Summit held at PICC recently. ***LGU Panglao's entry program "A Purok-Based Approach in Basic Education Reforms/Turo-Turismo: Strengthening Partnership and Industry Linkage for Effective K-12 Implementation is among the 20 finalist of the Galing Pook Awards 2017. ***The towns of Panglao and Pilar are among the 20 finalists in the yearly search for Galing Pook Awards 2017. *** The National Food Authority in Bohol said prices of rice in the province have been on an uptrend since last week reaching an increase of up to P5 per kilo. *** A man listed in the Bohol Provincial Police Office drug watch list was caught last night with drugs weighed 80 grams with estimated street value of P993,000.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013


A total deployment ban to Egypt has been imposed by the governing board of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) citing security risks for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).

"The POEA Governing Board, in an emergency meeting, has approved yesterday Governing Board Resolution No. 9 Series of 2013 imposing a total ban on the processing and deployment of all overseas Filipino workers bound for Egypt," Labor and Employment Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said.

"It is not safe for OFWs to go to Egypt and work there, considering the present circumstances," Baldoz added.

There are currently about 6,000 remaining Filipinos in Egypt.

Baldoz said the Department of Foreign Affairs had informed her that it has raised the crisis Alert Level 3 in Egypt in view of the escalating civil unrest and insecurity, as well as the declaration of a month-long state of emergency in the country.

Alert level 3 entails the voluntary repatriation of Filipinos in Egypt. The deployment of new workers, as well as the return to Egypt of vacationing workers, spouses of Egyptian nationals, Islamic University students, and their dependents, is likewise suspended.
It can be recalled that the DFA raised the crisis alert level in Egypt to Alert Level 2 on July 8, 2012. Four days later or on 12 July, the Governing Board, in Resolution No. 6 Series of 2013, imposed a temporary suspension on the processing and deployment of newly-hired OFWs bound for Egypt. (POEA)

No comments:

Contact Us

Philippine Information Agency
Bohol Information Center
LMP Building, K of C Drive, Poblacion II, Tagbilaran City
Telephone Numbers (038) 412-2292, 501-8554

Visitors