January 19, 2018: *** The local economy of Tagbilaran City was infused with almost P5-B in 2017. New business went up from 602 to 1,017 which amounts to an almost P1.2-B worth of capitalization or a 160% increase from last year, while business renewals also went up from 4231 to 4693 which posted gross receipts amounting to almost P3.4-B or a 21% from 2016. ***Gov. Edgar Chatto turns over today the P1.9-M first tranche of the P9.8-M assistance to the Bohol Dairy Producers Association for the Bohol Dairy Milk Processing and Marketing Enterprise as Bohol is poised to be the Dairy Capital of the country.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013


Malacanang vowed Friday to fully investigate the alleged P10-billion scam over the past decade involving pork barrel funds of senators and congressmen spent for ghost projects.

“What we would like to emphasize is all the aspects of this travesty are being investigated fully regardless of where it leads up. This applies to both the investigation on Janet Napoles and also in the investigation on Cadavero,” Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said in a press briefing in Malacanang on Friday.

Janet Lim-Napoles is being implicated in a P10-billion scam using mainly pork barrel funds of lawmakers for bogus projects. Napoles denied the allegations saying her company, JLN Corporation, had never transacted business with the government or any of its agencies. Napoles is the president and CEO of JLN Corporation.

In 2001, Napoles and her husband, retired Army Maj. Jaime Napoles, were among 18 personnel of the Navy Marine Corps and civilians, charged by the Office of Ombudsman in connection with the acquisition of substandard Kevlar helmets worth P3.8 million.

Napoles was also summoned by the Senate blue ribbon committee during its investigation on the P728-million fertilizer scam involving then Agriculture Undersecretary Jocelyn “Joc-joc” Bolante.
Napoles’s woes stemmed from the allegations of Benhur K. Luy, 31, a distant cousin and her personal assistant in JLN Corp., that she had ordered his kidnapping and illegal detention.

Luy, who was rescued by a special task force of NBI agents last March, outlined the alleged involvement of Napoles in the scam. He said Napoles purportedly used funds from the lawmakers’ priority development assistance funds (PDAF), or pork barrel, and various government entities, for ghost projects executed by several dozen bogus contractors in the past 10 years.

The Palace said it is letting the Department of Justice, through the National Bureau of Investigation to fully investigate the case. (PND)

No comments:

Contact Us

Philippine Information Agency
Bohol Information Center
LMP Building, K of C Drive, Poblacion II, Tagbilaran City
Telephone Numbers (038) 412-2292, 501-8554

Visitors