August 18, 2017: *** The National Grid Corp. of the Philippines (NGCP) is now faced with the problem of looking for usable areas to hold transmission lines that would link the power barge in Tapal Wharf in Ubay town to a substation in Barangay Emelda of the same town. ***The City Government of Tagbilaran is set to sign a memorandum of agreement with BFAR for a multi-million peso livelihood project intended to uplift the living conditions of the fisherfolk. ***47th Infantry Battalion Commanding Officer, Lt. Col. Joel Malig said units under him are currently undergoing intensified intelligence operations along with other allied units to confirm the reports on sightings of armed men in Bohol. *** LGU Pilar's program, "Productivity Improvement thru landcare and Agriculture Resource Development and Management"(Pilar Dam) landed in the top 20 in Taking Look 2017. *** LGU Panglao got third place (3rd-6th class municipalities) in Infrastructure during the 5th Regional Competitiveness Summit held at PICC recently. ***LGU Panglao's entry program "A Purok-Based Approach in Basic Education Reforms/Turo-Turismo: Strengthening Partnership and Industry Linkage for Effective K-12 Implementation is among the 20 finalist of the Galing Pook Awards 2017. ***The towns of Panglao and Pilar are among the 20 finalists in the yearly search for Galing Pook Awards 2017. *** The National Food Authority in Bohol said prices of rice in the province have been on an uptrend since last week reaching an increase of up to P5 per kilo. *** A man listed in the Bohol Provincial Police Office drug watch list was caught last night with drugs weighed 80 grams with estimated street value of P993,000.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 08, 2013

Palace says gov’t. to enforce the law 


THE government will enforce the law once civilians affected by the ongoing fighting between and Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) and Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) have been secured, a Palace official said on Friday. 

Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office Secretary Ramon Carandang said that aside from removing the civilians from harm’s way the military is also working to contain the conflict in Sulu. 

The MNLF, which forged a peace deal with the government in 1996, has to explain later on its recent actions against the Abu Sayyaf, Carandang said. 

“Everybody has to follow the law and the law will be enforced but, as I said yesterday, what’s the most important thing right now is for us to ensure the safety of the civilians,” he said in a press briefing in Malacanang on Friday. 

Asked by reporters if the MNLF should have coordinated with the military in launching its attack against the Abu Sayyaf, Carandang said, the President didn’t sanction MNLF’s Sulu operations. 

“As the President said, that’s not sanctioned. So we just need to wait until the first priority has been dealt with before we deal with other things,” the Palace official said, adding that government's major concern is the safety of civilians in the conflict area.
The military said it would deploy troops in areas in Sulu to contain the fighting. 

Reports said eight MNLF fighters were killed and beheaded by the Abu Sayyaf Group, while 18 of the bandits were confirmed dead in the fighting that started Saturday. (PND)

No comments:

Contact Us

Philippine Information Agency
Bohol Information Center
LMP Building, K of C Drive, Poblacion II, Tagbilaran City
Telephone Numbers (038) 412-2292, 501-8554

Visitors