August 18, 2017: *** The National Grid Corp. of the Philippines (NGCP) is now faced with the problem of looking for usable areas to hold transmission lines that would link the power barge in Tapal Wharf in Ubay town to a substation in Barangay Emelda of the same town. ***The City Government of Tagbilaran is set to sign a memorandum of agreement with BFAR for a multi-million peso livelihood project intended to uplift the living conditions of the fisherfolk. ***47th Infantry Battalion Commanding Officer, Lt. Col. Joel Malig said units under him are currently undergoing intensified intelligence operations along with other allied units to confirm the reports on sightings of armed men in Bohol. *** LGU Pilar's program, "Productivity Improvement thru landcare and Agriculture Resource Development and Management"(Pilar Dam) landed in the top 20 in Taking Look 2017. *** LGU Panglao got third place (3rd-6th class municipalities) in Infrastructure during the 5th Regional Competitiveness Summit held at PICC recently. ***LGU Panglao's entry program "A Purok-Based Approach in Basic Education Reforms/Turo-Turismo: Strengthening Partnership and Industry Linkage for Effective K-12 Implementation is among the 20 finalist of the Galing Pook Awards 2017. ***The towns of Panglao and Pilar are among the 20 finalists in the yearly search for Galing Pook Awards 2017. *** The National Food Authority in Bohol said prices of rice in the province have been on an uptrend since last week reaching an increase of up to P5 per kilo. *** A man listed in the Bohol Provincial Police Office drug watch list was caught last night with drugs weighed 80 grams with estimated street value of P993,000.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013



MALACAÑANG assured on Friday that the government will continue carrying out the law to stop smuggling in the country, particularly after Sen. Miriam Santiago expressed plans to investigate the alleged illegal entry of used cars in Port Irene in Cagayan. 

Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Bureau of Customs (BOC) will implement the law to stop the entry of used cars in Cagayan until the Supreme Court settles a legal dispute on an executive order regarding the issue. 

“Meron ding legal situation when it comes to CEZA (Cagayan Economic Zone Authority) dahil pending ang challenge sa EO in the Supreme Court. So merong both sides—one side is saying, puwede; the other side is saying, hindi puwede ipasok kasi meron pang challenge sa EO,” Valte said. 

“Since meron nang Supreme Court decision on the matter upholding that particular EO, the Bureau of Customs will act accordingly,” she added. 


The Palace official also said BOC Commissioner Rufino Biazon still enjoys the trust and confidence of the President. 

Asked about the possibility that the issue on used cars in Cagayan will be used as a campaign issue against Sen. Juan Ponce Enrile and his son who is vying for a Senate seat, Valte said the concern of the Palace is to carry out the law. 

“At least on the part of the Executive, ang lagi nating concern is just the implementation of the law. And now that the Supreme Court has settled the legal question then, the Bureau of Customs will act accordingly,” she said. 


Commenting on the impending investigation by the Senate of the alleged used car smuggling in Cagayan, Valte said the Palace will leave the issue to the senators to investigate. 

She also assured the lawmakers that Malacanang will cooperate in the investigation and is open to providing the Senate information on the issue. (PND)

No comments:

Contact Us

Philippine Information Agency
Bohol Information Center
LMP Building, K of C Drive, Poblacion II, Tagbilaran City
Telephone Numbers (038) 412-2292, 501-8554

Visitors